Feb 06 2009
Today at the market I bought:
* okra pickles — truly delicious, if you have never had them
* butter beans
* mango pickle — spicy and delicious. I used to live on the mango pickle from that Indian place by my house in Seattle. It kept me going.
* limequats — a cross between a lime & a kumquat, apparently; they are yellow & the size of kumquats. No clue what I’m going to do with them
* an avocado
* tofu sundried tomato “sausage” — the best of the tofurkey sausages, imo
Bonus points if you can figure out how to combine all of these things into one edible meal. As you can tell, I was in the mood for pickled things.
In other news:
* I cut myself with my own fingernail just now when putting on a shirt — classy
* work is fine
* I’m trying to bicycle a lot and sortof vaguely succeeding
* it rained today, hurrah
* I am online on identi.ca/facebook too much for my own good
* my wrist is hurting again, see above
* I’m giving a talk at work entitled “How not to write a book” which is mildly embarrassing but should also be fun; I haven’t talked at all publicly before about the process of the book, only the book itself
* Dude, I am watching so much TV at night, that hulu commercial about one’s brains turning gelatinous totally applies. On the other hand, if watching NCIS qualifies one for a forensics job, I totally have a 2nd career lined up.
* I’m on a letter writing kick, and I want to make things this weekend, like cards and crafts. This is probably in part because the alternative is doing taxes etc.
* I’m really looking forward to vacation in Boston in a month and a half. I’m not sure my boss is aware I’m going away for five days (it’s over a weekend). Oh well. I did tell her, it was just a while ago. I’ll remind her next week. Of course, I already bought the tickets and stuff, so.
* I am also really looking forward to ACRL in Seattle next month.
* I am all up in ur wikipedia, editing ur entries. And doing other stuff, like helping run a program committee, a conference committee, and a newsletter. La la la.
* The economy is so depressing I don’t even want to talk about it. Are there, like, any jobs left? there’s one lone janitor somewhere in Missouri who is still getting paid? One vacancy at a quickstop in Abilene? Who knows.
* I’ll probably redo my website this weekend
* I also really hope it keeps raining all weekend. We desperately need the water.
* I am looking forward to seeing Coraline
* I am also looking forward to dinner. Further reports on what comes of it all forthcoming. Mmm, pickles.
8 responses so far