Nov 26 2006
* Stayed out til 1, 3, and 2 in the morning, respectively
* Played a great deal of Katamari Damacy
* Cooked dinner for a dozen people (despite only having six or so)
* and, of course, seen my awesome friends.
- 1 turkey, basted with wine, herbs & butter
- mashed potatoes with garlic, herbs & cream
- roasted fall vegetables
- sweet potato souffle
- rice with lemon & spinach
- truly amazing gravy
- cranberry sauce
- three kinds of pie: pumpkin, pecan, and key lime, all with whipped cream
And then other people brought spinach dip and brie, green bean casserole and brownies.
The pie, cranberry sauce, gravy & the potatoes (both kinds) were the biggest successes. The turkey dried out, and we’ve vowed to not make another next year, resorting to chickens instead which are easier to cook. I made far too much rice, and it gathered mixed reactions; the winter vegetables got slightly overcooked & were mushy, though still good. Also, considering that we had originally planned for twice as many people as we had, it felt as though we could have invited half the neighborhood over. However! I would still call the production a success.
Next year: chickens, and more pie, because pie is awesome. Las Vegas Thanksgiving is turning into a tradition, ya’ll. You should come next year.
In other adventures:
And hey, I only lost five bucks or so. A small price to pay for much Vegas fun.
No responses yet